Did you know, 60% of Australian families with dependants will run out of money within 6 – 12 months if the main income earner dies or becomes disabled?
It won’t happen to me!! Well the truth is
Unfortunately most of us know someone who died suddenly leaving their families in great difficulties
statistics show that one in three Australians could be disabled for more than three months before turning 65.
No one expects sudden death, accident or illness – but what if something did happen?
How would you and your family cope financially?
You can easily protect you and your family?
For a relatively small amount, which can often be tax deductible or part of your Superannuation, you can pass the risk to some-one else i.e. obtain insurance including
- Life Cover – pays a lump sum to your family
- Total & Permanent Disablement – pays lump sum if you will not be able to work again
- Income Protection/Salary Continuance – replaces your regular income if you are unable to work due to illness or accident
- Trauma Cover – pays you a tax free lump sum if you suffer 20 -30 major illness or sickness including Stroke, Cancer , Heart Problems, MS , Paraplegia, Parkinson’s disease …..
In an increasing legalistic society it is increasingly important that your existing assets are properly protected and transferred to the people you choose. A key to this is a professional approach to DOCUMENTATION and ESTATE PLANNING. This includes a range of steps which can include:
- Professionally prepared Will
- Enduring Power of Attorney
- Business succession plan
- Partnership Agreement
- Family Trust in appropriate circumstances
At O&M we are very experienced in many of these areas and able to assist directly. Where more appropriate we will refer you to specialists in whom we trust.
Call one of our advisers on (02) 9369 3028 or contact us today.